Thursday, December 31, 2009

Matchless performance by KKR!


I MEAN it’s hard to believe that every time I sit to write a report for a match of IPL Season 2, I cannot resist using the word ‘Thriller’. Last ball of the match, as Wriddhiman Saha chipped the ball towards covers for the final runs, the stadium went gaga. The cheerleaders for KKR danced as if it was the only day they could dance and the Knight Riders played as if it was the only day where they could gain back some respect. The cheerleaders danced like they had never before and why not? KKR played like they had never before in this tournament.

My parents were sleeping as I jumped every now and then shouting and screaming the names of Hodge and McCullum. My mom got up every now and then to check if I was ok and to ask who were Hodge and McCullum? And what did they do to make me shout their names at midnight! I just smiled and fixed the headsets into my ears.

I called up my friends after the match to know their reactions and I got plenty. Abhinav my cousin was both happy and sad as he couldn’t see Dhoni losing. Vijay and Parikshit just said, “Its too late yaar” and Juhi, Lori and Garvita, my cousins and the greatest of KKR fans, were so disappointed even after the amazing victory as they kept asking “Where is our Shah Rukh?” They spoke ‘Our Shah Rukh’ as if they owned KKR and SRK was a player they had bought for millions. I guess if they even knew who were McCullum, Hodge, Hussey etc.

I mean they were able to chase a formidable target of 189 runs! Dhoni and his men left no stone unturned in demolishing the KKR bowling attack. Just imagine if Hayden had not been rested what would have been the actual score. The KKR fans got disappointed as the in form Raina, Dhoni and Morkel humiliated the KKR bowlers. But when KKR came in to bat, McCullum had a sword in his hand with which he tore off Dhoni’s Chennai Super Kings to the core like a warrior leading from the front. With Hodge joining the party later on, both these men made their cheerleaders and Dhoni’s men dance to the tunes of their blitzkrieg knocks. With nothing to lose, the KKR camp was extremely delighted as if they had won the IPL season 2, and even the electric atmosphere of the stadium, the crowd that went insane had shown how many fans KKR had apart from India as a whole!

Now who said criticism is bad? If I knew that writing one article mentioning the woes of SRK would pump up fresh adrenalin amongst the KKR boys I swear I would have written thousands of them! I consider myself to be one of the greatest fans of SRK across the globe. He himself has done extreme hard work that has led him to the zenith of success. It was really overwhelming to see his team performing in a manner he had always nurtured them for. When my mom and dad get up tomorrow, I will definitely apologise for my crazy behaviour at midnight and I am sure they will excuse me once I tell them about the miraculous victory of KKR!

No comments:

Post a Comment